Website : https://www.alphonsaschoolkalamjote.com
Address : Kalamjote, PO Sushruta Nagar, Siliguri, Darjeeling, West Bengal India 734012
Phone : 0353 2960641
Email : email@example.com
Council for Indian School Certificate Education CISCE
co-educational, day school
Admission for details
Boys and girls are admitted to the Nursery at the age of 3 year 6 month to 4 year 3 month. An interview of the child and the parents is required prior to the admission.
• Student seeking admission to another class except Nursery is to sit for an admission test, the date of which will be personally intimated.
• Guardians are asked to fill the admission form with utmost accuracy. No changes will be permitted thereafter for any reason what so ever.
• A transfer certificate from the school last attended should be submitted at the time of admission except for Nursery.
About our elementary school
Alphonsa School, Kalamjote, a unit of the Koderma Franciscan Clarist Sister's Society is a Christian Minority School under the management of the Franciscan Clarist Sisters who are engaged in Educational, Medical and Social work all over India since its origin on 14 December 1888.
Alphonsa School was established on 3 April 1995 and since then one grade was added every year until it became a full-fledged High School having ICSE syllabus. It is a co-educational school.
In Alphonsa School, friendly advice and admonitions coupled with firmness, take the place of corporal punishment. Hence students are advised to comply with the rules and regulations of your school with great love and diligence for your own welfare. Students violating any of the rules are subject to disciplinary action.
Students should arrive at the school at least 15 mins before the assembly. Soon after the assembly bell, the school gate will be locked and the late comers will be asked to go home at the risk of the parents/guardians.
• Parents are informed that occasional reports from the teachers is sent through the Diary/SMS to their mobile number. They should check the school diary of their ward daily.
• Pupils are responsible to the school authorities not only for their conduct in the school but also for their general behaviour outside. Any report of objectionable conduct out of the school on the part of the pupils makes them liable to disciplinary action.
• No pupil may leave the school premises without the permission of the principal during the school hours.
• Every pupil attending the school obliged to take part in games and all school activities.
• All are expected to speak in English in the school premises. Students who use vernacular language in the school campus will be fined Rs. 100/-.
• No gifts to the members of the staff will be allowed without the permission of the principal.
• Students should treat others respectfully and are responsible for others' good name. Calling nicknames, spreading rumours etc are strictly forbidden.
• Buying and eating from vendors and from shops when children are destined for school are strictly forbidden.
• A clean and neat uniform must be worn at all times. Pupils in dirty or untidy uniforms may not be allowed to attend classes.
• All students are expected to bring the tiffin with them. Fast food / junk food are strictly forbidden in the school.
• Pupils are not allowed to attend school when sick and/or suffering from an infectious disease. Any pupil found appearing for class work/test with an infectious disease will have his/her class work/test cancelled.
• Pupils are required to address their teachers and all other teaching and non-teaching staff with due respect and politeness. They are expected to behave always in proper manner, befitting the dignity of the school.
• Pupils must complete their homework regularly and submit the same to the teacher, when they are asked, failing to do so will be asked to stay back after class to complete and submit their work.
• No book, periodical or newspaper of any objectionable nature shall be brought to school.
• Any change in the pupil's profile, including the change in the address, phone no. etc should immediately be informed in writing. For change in address, the application must be signed by both the parents/guardians.
• No programme or party is to be arranged in School without prior permission of the authorities.
Assisi House MOTTO - to become icons of peace (Eco club - nurture nature, save future)
Clare House MOTTO - to become icons of life (Science club - science for peace and prosperity)
Kolbe House MOTTO - to become icons of wisdom (Literary club - read, write, and be bright)
Liza House MOTTO - to become icons of loving service (Socio - cultural club - unity in diversity)
To Teachers, Students, Parents and Well Wishers
Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students and enthusiastic parents with high expectations. Today the role of a school is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to motivate and empower its students to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers and productive members of an ever–changing global society.
We strongly believe in the importance of teachers, parents and administrators collaborating and communicating openly and frequently. We at Alphonsa School are happy to launch our School Mobile App which will give our parents access to an interactive website where they can retrieve pertinent information about their children’s academic and co- curricular activities. Alphonsa School takes pride in our relationships with parents and sees you as a partner in the important job of educating the children of our society. We look forward to celebrate with you the achievements of our students through the newly launched Mobile App. You are encouraged to check our website and read about our exciting academic and co-curricular activities. We look forward to serve you and your children over the coming years.